Education: Annual Scientific Meeting. Substantial member registration discount.
Research Grant Opportunities: “The Neilsen Foundation Allied Health Professional Research Award of ASIA”
Annual Awards Competition: “Apple Award for Excellence in Publishing”
Clinical Practice Guidelines: free to members
- Acute Management of Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Depression Following SCI
- Neurogenic Bowel Management in Adults with SCI
- Outcomes Following Traumatic SCI
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Following SCI
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in SCI
- Respiratory Management Following SCI
- Preservation of Upper Limb Function Following SCI
- Bladder Management for Adults with SCI
Members Only section on the ASIA Website:
- Committee Updates
- Legislative Updates
- Member Directory
- Member News Items
Legislative and regulatory representation: ASIA supports national level representation on federal issues that affect spinal cord injury medicine. ASIA monitors federal and state legislative initiatives.
CAREER & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Association involvement provides opportunity to influence leadership decisions and Association direction. Full members have opportunity to chair a committee and opportunity for appointment to Board of Directors.