Applications now being accepted!
The Neilsen Foundation Allied Health Professional Research Award of ASIA is a one year award of $25,000 to a clinician at the Master’s or Clinical Doctorate level. The purpose of the award is to encourage clinicians in the field of SCI to incorporate an element of research into their professional practice.
The recipient will be selected by the ASIA Research and Awards Committee and will receive his/her award in person at the ASIA Annual Meeting. The recipient will be asked to present their work at a future ASIA meeting. Registration for the latter meeting will be complementary. If the recipient is not an ASIA member, they will be given a complementary one-year membership.
Each applicant must:
- Have a certified degree in an allied health professional field. The applicant may have a Master’s or Clinical Doctorate in his/her field and cannot have other funding for the project being proposed. Applicants need not be ASIA members.
- Submit a one-year clinical research proposal in the field of SCI. The rationale should be supported by a recent review of the literature.
- Declare a mentor who is an established researcher in the field of SCI or related area and is a member of ASIA in good standing at the application deadline. The following individuals are excluded from serving as mentors: ASIA President Elect (in second year), ASIA President (entire term), ASIA Past President (first year), ASIA R&A Committee Chair and Vice Chair
- Complete and return the CHNF Research Award Application Form
- Submit a biosketch for the applicant and mentor
*Scoring Information/Sample Score Sheet
Deadline for submission is 8 September 2017. All documents should be submitted as a combined PDF, submitted electronically to Patty Duncan email@example.com, ASIA’S Executive Director. Contact Patty Duncan for any questions.