- Dukes Restaurant in the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. A favorite restaurant for food or just drinks. Sunset is a must! Walking distance.
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort – 2335 Kalakaua Ave #116, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Fireworks on Waikiki beach – Every Friday evening at 7:45 p.m. (could be a little earlier or later depending on the season) they have fireworks over the ocean out in front of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Walk the beach at sunset, have a cool one and enjoy the fireworks from the beach.
- Waikiki Shopping Plaza – 6-floor mall for international & Hawaiian designer clothing, jewelry & gifts, with a food court. Walking distance.
2250 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- International Market Place – The International Market Place is an open-air shopping center. It first opened in 1956 as a commercial, retail and entertainment center. After closing for renovation in 2013, the International Market Place reopened on August 25, 2016. Walking Distance.
2330 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Moana Surfrider Hotel – A favorite hotel for a drink in the courtyard/beach side. Walking distance. Free history tours.
2365 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Royal Hawaiian Hotel – The Pink Hotel, grab a drink or pupu’s (appetizers). Walking distance. Free history tours.
2259 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Roy’s Waikiki Restaurant – Located at the makai (ocean) end of new Beachwalk in Waikiki. Walking distance.
226 Lewers St, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon – A favorite for families, for water enthusiasts and for taking breathtaking photos. Fresh deep seawater is pumped into the lagoon daily and the white shoreline and green grassy surrounding grounds, are a popular retreat for locals and visitors. Just outside of the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
- Duke Kahanamoku Statue – This 9-foot bronze sculpture honors the Hawaiian Olympic champion & father of international surfing. Located where Waikiki Beach meets Kalakaua Ave.
- Learn to Surf with the Ohana Surf Project – Personalized surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, & body boarding instruction. 2699 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Just Outside Waikiki
- Ala Moana Beach Park – A favorite beach for locals and visitors. Across the street from Ala Moana Shopping Center, on Ala Moana Blvd. Walking distance. 1201 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Ala Moana Shopping Center – Great outdoor mall – shop till you drop… Walking distance.
1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Hike Diamond Head – The trail head starts in the middle of the crater, at the Diamond Head Visitors Center. About a 30 min. easy hike, with a breathtaking panoramic view at the top. Uber, taxi or bus ride to the crater from Hilton.
- Rainbow Drive-In – Classic local style “plate lunch” drive-in restaurant. Lots of surfers and locals stop by to grind (eat). Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there.
3308 Kanaina Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Da Ono Hawaiian Food – Well-known Hawaiian food place. Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. 726 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Leonard’s Bakery – home of the famous Portuguese donuts (Malasadas). Eat em’ hot and fresh – (right past Safeway on the Diamond Head side of Kapahulu Ave.) Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. 933 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Waiola Shave Ice – one of Honolulu’s most popular “shaved ice” stands, located in the Moilili neighborhood in Honolulu, on Waiola St., off of King St. This hole in the wall is a local favorite. The shaved ice is extra fine. Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. 2135 Waiola St, Honolulu, HI 96826
- Waikiki Aquarium – Aquatic life of Hawaii. Long walk or take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. 2777 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Iolani Palace – The ʻIolani Palace’ was the royal residence of the rulers of the Kingdom of Hawaii beginning with Kamehameha III under the Kamehameha Dynasty and ending with Queen Liliʻuokalani under the Kalākaua Dynasty, founded by her brother, King David Kalākaua. Check website for tour times. Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. https://www.iolanipalace.org/
364 S King St, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Walmart – Walk, take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there. 700 Keeaumoku St, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Safeway Mega-supermarket – a short way up Kapahulu Ave – this is the biggest supermarket in the area. Take an Uber, taxi, or rental car there.
888 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816