The American Spinal Injury Association has developed an Internet web site to provide information and education about Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) to ASIA members and to the general public. The web site may also serve to facilitate e-commerce and provide value-added services to members, other spinal cord injury-related providers, health care businesses, and the general public.
ASIA will accept commercial support for its web site in the form of partnership.
- Partnership means that the commercial entity provides support for the ASIA web site and that ASIA recognizes the entity for its contribution, but does not provide qualitative or promotional information about the partner. The partner’s logo may be used and the partner’s web sites may be linked to the ASIA site.
Policies Regarding Commercial Support
- Partnerships displayed on the ASIA web site shall comply with applicable laws of the United States and the State of Illinois, where ASIA is incorporated.
- Any commercial support for the ASIA web site will clearly identify the partners involved.
- ASIA shall be the sole judge of the suitability of partnership on the ASIA web site.
- ASIA reserves the right to reject or discontinue partnerships of any kind. ASIA’s acceptance or use of a partnership or advertisement shall not waive this right.
- ASIA will not be responsible for clerical or printer errors in partnership information that are present upon receipt by ASIA.
- The display of partnership information on the ASIA web site shall not be considered an endorsement, by ASIA, either expressed or implied, of the partner, or their products.
- ASIA shall maintain a clear separation between partnership and the editorial control of web site content. partners may not influence the content or opinions of ASIA expressed on the website.
- ASIA will endeavor to clearly differentiate between partnership and educational/informational content of the web site.
- Partners will agree to indemnify and hold ASIA, its employees, directors, contractors, and other agents harmless against any and all damages, claims, judgments, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) that may be incurred, suffered, sustained, or imposed on ASIA, its employees, directors, contractors, and other agents, by reason of partnership.
- ASIA will consider for publication and display on its web site, within appropriate editorial context, all member and other public opinions regarding specific partnership information that is displayed on the ASIA web site. Commentary on this policy will also be considered for publication.
- This Policy for Commercial Support of ASIA Displayed on the Web site will also be displayed on the web site.