The ASIA Mentoring program is a way to build connections between experienced SCI leaders and those starting their career. Understanding your role and responsibilities within the mentor/mentee relationship will better enable you to reach your desired goals.
- Have a clear understanding of your expectations for your mentee
- Communicate expectations
- Create goals with a timeline
- Evaluate progress
- Offer constructive feedback
- Be realistic – advise your mentee on your weaknesses and strengths, what you know and don’t know.
- After mentoring is completed, follow up on successes
- Provide an evaluation of the experience to the ASIA office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a clear understanding of why you want to be mentored
- Have a clear understanding of your expectations for your mentor
- Clearly communicate those expectations
- Create goals with milestones and deliverables
- Inform your mentor about your preferred learning style
- Be realistic about setting timelines
- Follow up. Provide testimonials to the ASIA office email@example.com
- Let us know if your goals were met. If not, would you like to be matched with another mentor?
- Say thank you
- Give back. Become an ASIA mentor and get involved.